In this Ask Me Anything episode of The Leader Assistant Podcast, I do my best to answer the following questions about my book from assistants all over the world:
- How do you handle negative reviews about your book?
- How long did it take you to write the book and what kind of hurdles did you experience during the process?
- In hindsight, is there anything that you wished you would have added to your book?
- How much money did it cost you to publish The Leader Assistant?
- What if an executive does NOT have clear KPIs (discussed in chapter 15 of the book) for the first 30-60-90 days for their new EA hire? What does this say about the executive or the organization?
- You recommend a one-page resume in chapter 17 of your book. How does this stay current with the times that most HR professionals now I’ve conferred with on LinkedIn have said up to 2 pages is perfectly acceptable?
CONNECT WITH ME
- My LinkedIn
- The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant
- Ask a question for a future episode by emailing me at [email protected]
I’m a longtime executive assistant, international speaker and trainer, founder of The Leader Assistant Community and Premium Membership, author of the #1 Amazon Bestselling book, The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of a Confident, Game-Changing Assistant, and host of the #1 podcast for assistants – The Leader Assistant Podcast.
I’ve worked with CEOs, professional athletes, Fortune 100 board members, billionaires, pastors—and their assistants—in both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors.
I’ve also had the opportunity to speak at administrative professional and executive assistant conferences all over the world, including Hong Kong, Thailand, and Germany.
I’m currently EA to the Founder and CEO of Capacity, a fast-growing artificial intelligence SaaS startup with an AI-powered, support automation platform.
My passion is to help you lead well, resist burnout, and automate before you’re automated.
I live in Kansas City, MO with my amazing wife and 2 boys. My hobbies are podcasting, beer, music, stocks, and entrepreneurship.
THE LEADER ASSISTANT PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
To learn more about how you can join the now 200+ growth-minded Leader Assistants, check out our Leader Assistant Premium Membership for ongoing training, coaching, and community.
LEADER ASSISTANT LIVE EVENTS
Check out our constantly updated schedule of events for admins and assistants at LeaderAssistantLive.com.
THE LEADER ASSISTANT BOOK
Download the first 3 chapters of The Leader Assistant: Four Pillars of Game-Changing Assistant for FREE here or buy it on Amazon or Audible.
JOIN THE FREE COMMUNITY
Subscribe to The Leader Assistant Podcast so you don’t miss new episodes!
Join my email list here if you want to get an email when a new episode goes live.
LEAVE A REVIEW
If you’re enjoying the podcast, please take 2 minutes to rate and review the show on Apple Podcasts here. Each review helps me stay motivated to keep the show going!
HELP ME, HELP YOU (MAKE THE PODCAST BETTER)
Do you have questions you’d like me to answer, guests you think I should interview, or suggested topics you’d like me to address on the show? Or maybe you’d like to sponsor an episode or two? Either way, I’d love to hear from you! You can email me at [email protected].